We have a major abundance of zucchinis happening over here. They kind of exploded in the garden. Trouble is, no one likes them aside from me, my toddler (sometimes), and my father-in-law!
In an attempt to get rid of at least a quarter of one of these giant things, I made these delicious fritters. Believe or not, they are little Mr. Picky Pants approved!
- 1 cup sweet potato, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour (or flour of choice)
- 1/2 tsp himalayan or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- a few whirls of fresh cracked pepper
- 1 organic, free range egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Squeeze the grated Zucchini in cheese cloth or clean towels to remove excess moisture
- In a glass mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture into your hand, form into a ball, then press into a patty onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flip the fritters halfway through baking time.
This recipe makes about 12 fritters.