Holy crap, I found cheese that my stomach doesn’t noisily reject. And it is at BJ’s, so I can get a lot of it for less than the usual fancy special cheese I am normally limited to. If you are corn intolerant like I am, then you know how much this means to me!
Also, if you are corn intolerant or suspect that you are, remember that what works for me may not always work for you, so tread lightly with any recommended products by anyone.
Now, just look at this cheesy goodness. Seriously. Who wouldn’t want to take a bite of that?
The best part about this recipe is that you can make quinoa bites with any combination of ingredients that you like. Bacon, cheddar and chive. Roasted red pepper, basil and mozzarella (vinegar free). Chicken, kale and Monterey Jack. The list can go on. Be creative!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 4-5 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp roasted garlic powder
- 2 cups cheese, divided
- handful chives, chopped
- Cook the rinsed quinoa and chopped broccoli together, according to the directions on the quinoa package. You can either use water with 1/4 tsp salt, or your broth of choice for extra flavor. Once cooked, transfer to a glass mixing bowl and allow to cool. You want to be able to handle it with your hands.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once cooled, combine all of the ingredients, setting aside 1 cup of cheese. If you used broth to cook your quinoa, you might want to omit the extra salt.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out a palm full of the mixture, form into a compact ball, and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the mixture, placing the prepared balls about 1 inch apart.
- Top each quinoa ball with a pinch of cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown